SEO or search engine optimization may improve site and save time, but there’s also risk of damage to your site and reputation. Research about potential advantages as well as disadvantages it can do to the site. Most SEO provide services to the owners that may include reviewing of site content or structure, technical advice on website development, content development, managing online business development campaigns, keyword research, SEO training expertise in specific markets and geographies.
You may like to consider some points such as
- · Show examples of previous work and share some success stories
- · Following Google Webmaster Guidelines
- · Offering any online marketing services or advice to complement organic search business
- · The results expected and the timeframe. How do you measure your success?
- · Experience in specific industry.
- · Experience in specific country/city
- · Experience in developing international sites
- · Most important SEO techniques
- · How long have you been in business?
- · Communicate level. Will you share the changes made to site, and provide detailed information about recommendations and the reason behind them?
Get explanations for anything that is unclear. Any deceptive or misleading content on your behalf may draw ire from Google resulting in your site being removed entirely from its index. Google holds you responsible for it even if you hired somebody to do the job. If an SEO has FTP access to your server and makes changes, they should have valid reason to do so.